Friday 25 October 2013

Penguin Australia Children's Classics - book review

 I am an absolute sucker for a hard cover book so it stands to reason that these gorgeous little editions of classic Australian children's stories really float my boat!

If you add in their timeless and absolutely classy covers, how great they look lined up on a bookcase (books that look pretty together also make me really happy) AND the fact that they are new editions of some of Australia's best loved children's fiction you are definitely on to a winner.

I really love the Penguin Classics adult range but these are even better!

My only criticism is that, in amongst a bookshop full of bright book covers with with flashy photos these might get a little lost and only appeal to 'booky' type kids and adults. It's hard for me to say because I was a 'booky' kid and am now an adult.

The stories range from Hating Alison Ashley to A Fortunate Life and everything in between, and they are a great way to introduce your kids to some of your favourite books from your childhood!

In a nutshell, the stories are classics that have stood the test of time and the covers are gorgeous!

Who'll love it: Booky type kids, girls who love beautiful things and grown-ups.
Cost: $19.99
Publisher: Penguin Books Australia   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...