Thursday 19 July 2012

A eulogy for waking up slowly

I want to wake up gently!

I don't really mind that my children wake me up so early but I REALLY hate having to spring out of bed and start doing things for them immediately.

I miss that five minutes of gently waking up.

I miss how comfortable your bed is when you first wake up, how soft your sheets are, how interesting the sunlight patterns coming through the windows, how warm and cosy you feel.

I miss those first few minutes of coming to wakefulness and pondering the world, slowly and gently.

I don't mind being woken up, but I truly wish that my children had a snooze button and I could go back to a life that includes that five minutes of sleepy bliss.

Seriously, these are the things no one tells you about parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...