Saturday 28 April 2012

I'm grateful for ... a sausage sandwich!

This afternoon we all went to watch my husband play soccer. I used to go every week and loved hanging with all the other soccer wives but it is just so much harder to get there regularly now we have small kids and I really miss it.

Today the stars aligned and we were all there and having a great time. The weather was to die for, our team were winning and I had a glass of champagne in my hand. Bliss.

Then my son uttered the dreaded phrase ... "I'm hungry, Mummy" and suddenly the bliss was over, He turned from a lovely little boy having a brilliant time running around into an exhausted, teary lump. I didn't have any food so I was just coming to terms with the fact that my lovely afteroon was over and we needed to go home when a guy from the opposing team came up and said that magic phrase "Would your son like a sausage sandwich?". The answer was a resounding yes, peace was restored and we stayed for another hour.

So today I am incredibly grateful for a sausage sandwich from a stranger in a blue and yellow soccer uniform. 

I also love Maxabella's 52 Weeks of Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...