Thursday 14 February 2013

Persuading kids on to the toilet - the job I can't wait to be rid of!

Parenting young children is wonderful and you should enjoy every moment ... at least according to all the older women at our local supermarket.

In my opinion parenting young children is sometimes absolutely wonderful, but clearly time dulls your memory of all the times when it isn't wonderful at all.

I think every parent has one milestone in their children's road to independence that they dream of. For my sister-in-law it was the day her two boys could put themselves in the car and do up their own seatbelts.

I personally can't wait for the day that my children going to the toilet is nothing to do with me.

I truly long for that moment every single day.

I am so sick of asking "Do you need to do a wee or a poo? ... Are you sure?'

I'm sick of having to stand guard while Wild Man (who is currently terrified of monsters) goes to the toilet.

I'm sick of changing nappies, of dealing with nappy rash, of toilet training, of cleaning the bathroom (or couch) when there has been an accident, of bribing Wild Man in order to get him to wear undies under his shorts, of specifying how much toilet paper should be used, of insisting on hands being washed and so on (and on and on and on and on ...)

At the moment I feel like I spend half my life in our bathroom and it is driving me crazy.

Princess is still in nappies and I know it is years and years until I can wash my hands (pardon the pun) of being involved in my kid's toileting but I can't wait!

What 'kid job' are you looking forward to never having to do again? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...