Sunday 23 September 2012

I hate the holidays

I really hate the preschool holidays.

Yep, I'm one of those Mums.

I feel so bad about it.

Poor little Wild Man - he's only on his third set of holidays in his life and already his mother is dreading them.

The problem, you see, is that Wild Man takes quite some entertaining because he has the MOST insane amount of energy. When he goes to preschool the rest of the week is better because he is super stimulated for two days and that takes the edge off his energy.

And I miss him when he is gone, and his little smile when he sees me waiting to pick him up makes my heart glad and the memory of that can get us through a fair amount of irritation the rest of the week.

Also, Wild Man is bored and he misses his friends, no matter how much we go to the park apparently it isn't the same!

I've asked around and most Mums say that the holidays are easier when you child well, isn't three and a half.

I hope so.

I'd love to be one of those Mums that looks forward to them!

Before I had kids I used to ask parents whether they loved or dreaded the holidays. Answers were mixed but pretty much all of them liked the fact that they didn't have to make lunches and march to a timetable set by other people.

And I do like that too.

In all honesty I am actually looking forward to the summer holidays. There's such a lot to fill them up - we'll go away, my husband will have time off, we can go to the beach and so on.

It's just these one, the ones where life continues as normal but without respite, that I hate.

How do you feel about the holidays? And if you hate them do you feel guilty?

2 comments:

  1. There's one group of people who seriously look forward to holidays... they love them, cherish them and await their arrival with eager anticipation and unparalleled joy ...who else? Teachers. I've seen and participated in end of term victory laps... I might suggest a parents' back to school victory lap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan Caroline - I;m thinking massive back to school drinks for Mums!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...